Friday, November 7, 2008

CLASS PARTY


Savanna at recess.  She is locked safely in the kindergarten playground.


The shapes and color food.  Even I didn't know all the shapes.  I had to look up rhombus online so I knew how to cut each piece of cheese, and I still blew it.  It is supposed to look like a diamond.


The class.


Julia has found the yellow item.


My little angel.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That just blows my mind. First of all kindergarten in Texas is 8:30 to 3:30. They expect the kids to be writing sentences and reading fluently half way through the year. Shapes and colors aren't even a consideration. I kinda miss when school was laid back and fun. Ali couldn't even wear a costume to school. Savanna looked super cute of course.

papa and cilla said...

The kindergarten kids are lucky to have you as their room mother, Sommer. The classroom looks cool.

Sommer said...

Amanda- wow, I think it would be nice if Kindergarten was all day! Savanna does read fluently, and she has to write in a journal every day (as well as all the other kids). My point was that the teacher never allows them to 'just have fun' and had to make a lesson out of their halloween party. I can't believe Ali couldn't wear a costume to school! I would say Savanna's teacher is anything but laid back, but she could wear a costume at least :)