Tuesday, October 9, 2007

MY CONFESSION

So, I have a confession to make. Okay, 2 confessions I guess. #1- I am a horrible cook. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to make a tasty meal. I even to seem to find a way to mess up frozen food, and dinners in a box. I can definitely make the dinners look fabulous, but when you taste them- blah! For some reason, Dusty always politely tells me that the dinner tastes good (as I am watching him pick at his food). I am like, 'Hello Dusty, I am tasting this too, and I know it is sick, you can just tell me', but he won't. So this leads me to my second confession.

Yesterday, I was getting ready to make dinner. I pulled out all the ingredients and looked at them for a minute and then decided I didn't feel like cooking. I would put in all the effort, and it would taste gross like always. So I made my babysitter cook for me, and I finished up some other stuff I needed to get done. My babysitter prepared the whole meal for me, put it in the oven, and then went home. Dusty got home just in time for dinner to be pulled out nice and hot from the oven. He got himself a serving, and sat down to eat it. After his first bite, he got a very surprised look on his face. "This is good!" Then came all the questions. It was like he was suspicious or something. "What is this? Where did you get the recipe? What are these bread crumbs on top? Where did you get them?" It was as if he didn't believe I cooked the meal. He was trying to catch me and have me admit, "Okay, you are right, it is take-out." Well it wasn't, and I didn't. For once, I wanted to get the credit for fixing a good meal so I just smiled and took all the credit. Dusty even had seconds and I think maybe thirds. Man, it feels good to be a chef.

So tonight, Dusty calls me and says he is at home. I was out running errands, so I asked him if he wanted me to grab some take-out. He responded, "No, lets just have the left-overs from last night. That dinner was really good. Sommer, I know you think I always tell you dinner is good and I don't mean it, but last night's dinner REALLY was good!" I laughed the whole way home. (I honestly don't think Dusty has ever eaten left-overs in his whole life, but he did tonight!)
Well, guess what Dusty- I didn't even make the dinner last night! No wonder it was so good. ARRRRRR! 2 days of being praised for something I didn't do- it was a good run. Thanks Karly- you may have just earned yourself a new duty at my house.

9 comments:

Sommer said...

POSTED BY DUSTY:
....and to think ... this whole time i was eating a "HOMEMADE" BIG MAC!!!

Sommer said...

POSTED BY DUSTY:
By the way... I hacked your blog and changed your password... come see me for some hints :)

Marc said...

Dusty's revenge.

Kellie said...

Sommer that is GREAT! At least you also know that Dusty is reading your blog. I test Dave on that all the time.

"Dream Dinners" sounds like the place for you. Brittany and I have done it and my family loves the food because I choose things they will eat and it's yummy. After I get home from Vegas lets all get together and go!

Dana Dastrup said...

Somm: I am going to have to tell you that you are a good cook... I have had some of your cookings before!! So don't feel too bad on yourself! But I also know that Karly is a really good cook as well!! So you girls are just going to have to cook together more often! Then you will have amazing dinners all the time :)

Sommer said...

Marc- the good news is Dusty's blackmail backfired. He needed me to sign some documents and I wouldn't until I got my new password.
Kellie- Dusty always reads the blog. He says its the only way he knows what is going on in our family. I will take you up on the dream dinners.
Dana- Umm, the food was probably from classy cuisine, and I cooked it in our oven or something.

Holland said...

I would do the same thing but the problem is I never cook so my husband can't lie about how gross the meal is. :)

Nicolle said...

K this was so funny to me and i cant stop laughing about it. Um so what did you have Karly make cause i think i need the recipe!

Robyn said...

That's so funny! I wish Ryan would try to lie sometimes when he doesn't like what I make! I'm curious to know the recipe as well! Maybe I could impress Ryan. If only I had a babysitter to make it for me.