I love having really tall ceilings in our house, that is until it is time to change burned out light bulbs. Last October (yes, I mean over a year ago- Oct. '06) the lights in our bedroom went out. It wasn't just burned out bulbs, it was something electrical. I called an electrician over, and he said to fix it he would have to cut through walls, and re patch, etc. Well, I was just about to have Chance, and I did not want to deal with any construction, so I decided I would live with it for a short while until things settled down, and until then we would use our bedside lamps, and ceiling fan. Well soon, the ceiling fan burned out, so to help with the light in our room, I started turning on our master bathroom lights. One by one they burned out. So I moved onto the laundry room lights, and I have been surviving. Well, sure enough, last week the last of the laundry room lights burned out, and it has been total darkness. I knew this definitely meant it was time to change the bulbs, but stuff like this makes me crazy! Last time I tried to change the lights, I went to Lowe's to buy the bulbs. Who knew there were a million makes, models, sizes, etc. I was overwhelmed. I did my best to guess the right bulb, but I got it wrong. I went back again to buy the correct bulbs, and I got it wrong again, so I gave up and I paid someone else to do it. So we come back to the present time. Last night, I was asking Dusty if he had any good suggestions of someone I could hire to change our light bulbs (I even asked if he would have his mom do it for us for his birthday present, but he forgot to ask, and I don't dare). He named a few people, but told me maybe I should do it myself because I might feel accomplished. No thanks, I don't care, that will definitely not make me feel accomplished I told him. I hate figuring this kind of stuff out, I would prefer to feel unaccomplished. Well, this morning was a new day. I decided I would at least try to change the bulbs myself. I climbed up on a very tall, wobbly ladder and pulled the old bulbs out and took them to an electrical store so they could be matched exactly (what a novel ideal). I came back home and changed all the bulbs and it worked! You know what, Dusty was right. I am so proud of myself right now, I really do feel accomplished :)
8 years ago
7 comments:
Good job Somm! You defninetly know I couldn't do something like that-- although I was able to figure out how to manually close the garage door (which I have to do all the time now cause it never works)
Sommer, I very proud of you. Good for you. I don't think I could have done that.
Sommer, I just love your stories! I never thought of having to go shopping for light bulbs. I would be just as lost as you were. Oh by the way I like the name Chance. I think its a good one! LOL I just read Shea and Brit's comments and It looks like all of us girls need lessons in light bulb shopping!
Way to go Sommer!
Sommer, it was so fun to see your blog and your cute kids, your little Chances eyelashes are the longest things I've ever seen, and your little girls curls, to cute! keep in touch, I'm very new to this blog thing if you couldn't guess.
You make me laugh that is so funny. Good job I think that should be our husbands job,but sometimes it such a pain asking them so its better to do it ourself.
Sommer, It's time for you to do a new post! I am having Sommer blog withdrawls! haha
Post a Comment