Sunday, July 6, 2008

A LOST TOOTH ALREADY!?!


Her tooth was so loose, that I was worried that it would fall out in the swimming pool as we were swimming, so I tried to convince her to let me pull it.


She tried to hide from me and avoid the tooth pulling, but I told her we could not go swimming until it was out because if it got lost in the pool the tooth fairy wouldn't be able to come and find a tooth under her pillow.


Cute Chance was enjoying all the commotion.  He started to wiggle his tooth and show me.


After some convincing (Savanna wanted me to pull my own tooth, or Chances first) I told Savanna I could pull out her tooth in 1 second.


It took me 2 tries with her slippery tooth but I got it out.  Savanna was fine until she noticed blood, then she lost it.


Her first little tooth in all it's glory.


Thank goodness I was prepared with a tooth fairy kit, including a tooth treasure box, bag,


And of course the fairydust.  Without the magic dust, the tooth fairy would not know where to find the tooth!


Savanna's tooth


Putting the tooth in the treasure box


Then into the bag


Now placing the bag under the pillow


Quick pause to pose for the camera


Now for the magic fairy dust


Sprinkling the dust around the tooth to lure the tooth fairy 


Now time for bed


When Savanna woke up, she immediately lifted her pillow to see if the fairy had come.


Sure enough, she did!


Some Disney dollars ($6 that somehow turned into $30 when I took her to spend them at the Disney store!)


Her Disney dollars, and 1 silver dollar.  That stupid silver dollar- I sent my nanny to the bank to get one for me, than forgot to get it from her.  I later remembered, and stayed up waiting for her to drop it off to me until midnight because she was at a party.  When I saw it I was ticked, it was so small.  I thought they were huge.  It looked just like a quarter, and of course when Savanna saw it, she thought it was a quarter. Grrr!  I wanted something special, and this was not it!  Thanks anyway to Lindsay for getting it for me.

So now I have a little 5 year old that has 2 missing teeth (yes, she has lost another one), and 2 big crooked teeth growing in.  Gone are the days of the perfect smile.  Now I get to look forward to big awkward crooked teeth.  Maybe one good thing about her losing her teeth so early is that hopefully her teeth will be all grown in and straight with braces off while all the kids her age are going through the horrible teeth stage.

8 comments:

Tiff said...

I can't believe that so crazy Krew is 7 and just lost his Top tooth last night! And yes I just keep looking at him all day like are you seriouse this is going to be a long weird stage with these teeth missing and who knows what the teeth are going to look like when they grow in! Good luck with that so hard!

Shannon & Summer said...

I am so surprised to hear she lost a tooth already! I am not kidding at all when I say Brynn dreams of that day! She cannot wait for the toothfairy to come!
It was good to see you guys this weekend!

Melissa said...

Ellie is wanting to lose a tooth so bad. She is still waiting to lose her 1st one. What a fun way to have the tooth fairy come. I have never heard of the disney dollars. How exciting!

Brandalyn said...

Can you only spend Disney Dollars in Disneyland? I have never heard of those?

Dustin Christensen said...

i had no idea the tooth fiery was dishing out Disney money these days. i may have to pull a couple of my teeth out

Tara said...

I can not believe she has lost a tooth. I am just waiting for the day when colby starts to lose his. I always tell him that if he doesn't brush his teeth the sugar bugs will eat them and they will fall out. I think I need to rethink that because he should start losing his teeth and will be all confused at my new explaintion of that the big teeth are coming in!!

Barb Elder said...

That is so cute. Rylie enjoyed look at your blog. She looked at the whole thing. She loves your kids.

Amy Morris said...

What a cute tooth fairy kit!

I can't believe she let you pull her tooth out! I begged and begged Avery to let me pull one of her toothout. It was honestly hanging from a string and she let it stay like that for over a week! What a brave little girl!